28 September 2018: coi, our work
Symposium on the limits of COI research
The Austrian Federal Administrative Court and ACCORD organised a symposium in May 2018 to discuss the possibilities and limits of COI research.
The symposium had three aims:
- Present the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court and of the Supreme Administrative Court on research on countries of origin
- Inform about activities of the European Asylum Support Office (EASO) in the field of COI and on its work on country guidance documents
- Bring together various actors in the field of international protection decision making.
These topics were discussed in the following presentations:
- Limits of the duty to investigate in asylum procedures, consideration of the jurisprudence of the Constitutional Court regarding the investigation of country conditions (Hofrat Mag. Peter Nedwed, Member of the Constitutional Court)
- Investigating country conditions: Discussion of the jurisprudence of the Supreme Administrative CourtHofrat Mag. Peter Nedwed, Member of the Supreme Administrative Court)
- EASO: COI reports and country guidelines (Ward Lutin, MA, Head of Information and Analysis Unit)
The presentations were followed by working groups on a case study.
You can access the symposium's documentation (in German) at the following link:
Länderkundliche Ermittlungen: Möglichkeiten und Grenzen - Dokumentation des Symposiums vom 17. Mai 2018