Whether a passport can be issued, or renewed, in Amman to a person who is not in the country, has not gone to the passport office, has not signed the passport application in the country, and is living abroad but has asked a friend to obtain this passport (2005 - 2006) [JOR101259.E]

An official of the Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan provided the following information in 29 March 2006 correspondence to the Research Directorate:

1. While in Jordan, a Jordanian citizen should apply in person to obtain/renew his/her passport.
2. In case a Jordanian citizen is residing outside the kingdom, a first degree relative (father, mother, husband, brother, sister, son) can apply on his/her behalf.
3. Also, a renewal application will be accepted provided that there is a power of attorney or written authorization certified by the Jordanian Embassy in that country giving the authorization to his/her second degree relative (cousin, uncle ... etc) to apply on his/her behalf.

This Response was prepared after researching publicly accessible information currently available to the Research Directorate within time constraints. This Response is not, and does not purport to be, conclusive as to the merit of any particular claim for refugee protection.


Jordan. 29 March 2006. Embassy of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Ottawa. Correspondence received from an official.

Verknüpfte Dokumente