Moscow Court Prolongs Razvozzhayev's Pretrial Arrest
Leonid Razvozzhayev, along with the coordinator of the opposition Left Front movement, Sergei Udaltsov, was charged with preparation and organization of a mass antigovernment protest on Moscow's Bolotnaya Square in May 2012.
Investigators say the protest was orchestrated by a Georgian politician.
Razvozzhayev, who denies the charge, was ordered to leave the courtroom on September 30 after he argued loudly with the judge.
Further prolongation of Razvozzhayev's pretrial arrest can now be decided only by the Moscow City Court, as October 21 will mark one year since his arrest.
Two participants in the Bolotnaya protest have pleaded guilty and made a deal with investigators. The trial of 12 other participants is under way.
Based on reporting by ITAR-TASS and Interfax
- First-Ever Havel Prize Awarded To Jailed Belarusian Byalyatski
- Hunger-Striking Pussy Riot Member Moved To Russian Hospital
- Man Loses 15 Family Members In Peshawar Market Blast
- U.S. Government Starts Partial Shutdown
- Iran To Consider Resuming Flights To U.S.
- Russia Launches Proton-M Rocket Three Months After Crash
- Russian Artist Tricks U.K. Galleries With 'Sales' To Tajik President
- Russia Jails More Greenpeace Activists For Two Months
- Suspected U.S. Drone Attack In Pakistan Kills At Least Three Militants
- Israel Detains Suspected Iranian 'Spy'
- China To Lease 3 Million Hectares Of Ukrainian Farmland
- Explainer: What Is The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty?
- Podcast: Letters From The Gulag
- Where Do The Most Honest People In The World Live?
- Ukrainian Agricultural Giant Denies Farmland Deal With China
- Tajik Islamists Pin Renaissance On Secular Female Candidate
- An Old Game With New Rules In Russia's Backyard
- Interview: U.S. Ambassador To The OSCE Daniel Baer -- 'You Need Critical Voices'
- Pakistan's Christian Minority Faces Life On Increasingly Dangerous Margins
- Interview: Joan Baez On 'Little Victories And Big Defeats'
- 75th Anniversary Of The Munich Agreement
- Photos Of The Week #39
- More Than 230 Reported Killed In Balochistan Quake
- Domino Man: Lech Walesa At 70
- Olympic Sochi Under Water
- Inside Montenegro's Embattled Aluminum Factory
- Twin Bomb Explosions Rock Peshawar Market
- Top Shots
- RFE/RL Video Roundup
- Pakistani Activist Malala Honored At Clinton Global Citizen Awards