Information on whether a return air ticket is required for leaving the country on a 45-day pass from the military [ISR12009]

According to a staff member of the Embassy of Israel in Ottawa, a person who is serving in the military would normally be required to show a return or round-trip air ticket and/or sign a commitment of return in order to use or obtain a pass allowing that person to leave the country (26 Oct. 1992). The staff member stated, however, that the decision to require a return ticket or have a signed commitment depended on the military authorities. A precise response to this question would depend on the specifics of the case and would likely have to be answered by military authorities who are better acquainted with their procedures (Ibid.).

Additional and/or corroborating information could not be found among the sources currently available to the DIRB.


Embassy of Israel, Ottawa. 26 October 1992. Telephone Interview with Staff Member.