Method of securing a travel document from Kuwait for a non-Kuwaiti. [KWT6353]

Attached please find copy of Response to Information Request KWT3495 of 12 January 1990. The IRBDC has no currently available information on how a non-Kuwaiti secures a travel document in Kuwait. According to the Department of State Country Reports on Human Rights Practices for 1989 (Washington: Government Printing Office, 1990),
Many expatriates (including some government employees) must surrender their travel documents to their employers, thus preventing them from leaving the country without the employer's consent. ... Those employed by government agencies are given residence visas, which require an exit permit or "no objection" letter in order for the expatriate to leave the country. (p. 1461)