The EU common guidelines on (Joint) Fact Finding Missions serve as a practical tool to assist EU member states in organizing Fact Finding Missions to gather Country of Origin Information. Click on “Read more” for details on these new Guidelines and to access them.
The Common European Union (EU) Guidelines for the processing of Fact Finding Missions (FFMs), published in November 2010 by the “European Country of Origin Sponsorship” project, have been developed by a core working group formed by representatives of Country of Origin Information units working for the following immigration authorities:
- CEDOCA, Office of the Commissioner General for Refugees and Stateless Persons – Belgium (Chair)
- Landinfo – Norway (co-chair)
- Staatendokumentation, Federal Office for Asylum (BAA) – Austria
- Swedish Migration Board – Sweden
- COI-service, UK Border Agency, Home Office – United Kingdom
The reference group was chaired by the Danish Immigration Service and was composed of representatives from UNHCR, ACCORD, the European Commission, Finland, France, Hungary, Italy, The Netherlands, Poland and Switzerland.
The project was funded by the European Commission in the framework of “Continuing the extension of the European Country Sponsorship project”.
You can access the FFM Guidelines under the following link: